Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I'm Back!

Wow! It's been a while, hasn't it? Yes it has. I never did follow up on my March post, but it is long gone now. I kind of checked out for awhile. I was laid off, my car was totalled (nobody was hurt), I had to wrestle with the insurance company, and I had some friends and family health issues arise. I have dealt with everything to the extent a person can so far and things are OK. The job and the car issues were almost humorous at times since they seemed more like a TV plot. I went to the grocery store one day and the cashier asked me how my day was going. I told her it had been one of those days. When she gave a canned response I couldn't resist seeing if she was awake.

"Yea, I got laid off a few days ago and now I just found out my car was totalled..."

"Oh no! I'm sorry, that's horrible!"

She was awake. I didn't want her to feel too bad so I assured her it was all things that can be fixed with time and money and that is truly how I see it. Considering all the problems out there in the world, time and money are relatively easy resolutions.
The most stressful part of the car ordeal was the claims adjuster. I had to deal completely with the other person's insurance because she ran a red light and was at fault. I'll just say that I do not give the claims department at Farmers Insurance any stars for their people skills. I will give 5 stars to the Washington State Insurance Commissioner's office for how easy to reach and helpful they are!

On the brighter side, the Bigsky Girls were reunited last week with the Bigsky Mom and Dad, Bigsky Brother-in-law and Bigsky Dogs. We all had a good time. It was so nice to get together again, especially because we had to skip this last Christmas due to the weather. This time most of the roads were clear (most meaning everywhere but Butte where the freeway was closed the day after we got home due to snow... in April!).

Also, David and I hit the halfway point on our 50 Mile Challenge! We have walked 25 miles together and will have to take a bit of a respite from the challenge due to some health concerns that have arisen. We'll get back out in the beautiful weather as soon as we can though!
As far as walking goes, I was able to run/walk Bloomsday again this year. This year I walked it with my little sis and when you walk it you get grouped with the fun crowd. Not just fun in the enthusiastic sense, but also in the full blown costumed character sense. We finished Bloomsday with two giant walking crayons, two gorillas (one in granny panties), two guys in speedos (not my favorite), Spiderman, Jedis and various other creative individuals. I've run and walked the race five times now and the organizers, volunteers (5000 of them!) and participants always do a phenomenal job!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad no one was hurt in the wreck! You seem to have a great outlook on life given the recent setbacks. Keep your head up! Thanks for the great post....